Monday, July 24, 2017

Can't Part With That Favorite Armorie ?





Do you have a piece of furniture that has been passed down, you worked very hard to pay for it, or that piece that no one will give you what you think it is worth ?  You get the picture
My armoire is that piece of furniture .... 
It was a Bernhart that I went all the way to New Orleans 20 yrs ago to pick up.   It lived in my bedroom with the matching bed for years & years ... thank goodness it couldn't talk... it witnessed many laughs and tears.


  When we built the new house I really did not give much thought as to where it would go.  It was really too big for the guest room. 
 
When I first saw this piece ... it was the pull knobs that I could not live without !

Turns out in the new house this wall was perfect for it --- It fit and actually looks great there.




   For our first dinner party,  Brett went to get makings for some adult beverages. He had them all over the kitchen bar.




    After a little thought we decided to use the armoire as a bar area.  It worked out perfect.  Its all nicely tucked behind closed doors.   The drawers in the bottom are perfect storage for the placemats for the dining room table.

  Can't remember were I got these little drink stirrers, but aren't they just the cutest ?


Hope you enjoyed seeing a how I repurposed my piece of furniture without actually changing it.
                                                                                          

























































No comments: