Thursday, March 3, 2011

THE KING...no not Elvis

Here it is,
 the KING at our house this time of year...
King Cake that is.


 
Last year I was crazy enough to try making one from scratch.


I mixed... and mixed..



Max was waiting for me to drop anything that he could eat...


While the King was rising...I monogrammed some hand towels for Susie . 


A little filling..cinnamon + Bavarian cream = YUM



Roll it up..baked..and decorated..


Can I tell you, after cleaning up the messy kitchen,
 I vowed this year to just stop by the
bakery and pick one up!




6 comments:

Pam B said...

Melissa
Was wondering what kind of embroidery machine do you have. I have been searching for the right one.

Olivia and Me said...

Oh my.. I see that you too are a multi tasked .. sewing and making kits here today. Baked those yummy cookies yesterday

Nancy said...

haha that's my way, everyday :D PS ~ you and Susie look so much alike in the one of you kneading the bread.

Sue said...

I thought of you last week when I saw an article about the King cake. I remembered that you made one last year. :-) Enjoy your bakery bought one this year! ~ Sue

Kimberly-mytoesareclaustrophobic said...

Okay, I am ashamed to admit this but I've never tasted King cake! It just doesn't LOOK good to me. I know, there must be something terribly wrong with me!

mmjiaxin said...

wellensteyn outlet
mulberry uk
san francisco 49ers
tory burch outlet
nike running shoes
mlb jerseys
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet online
rolex watches,rolex watches,swiss watches,watches for men,watches for women,omega watches,replica watches,rolex watches for sale,rolex replica,rolex watch,cartier watches,rolex submariner,fake rolex,rolex replica watches,replica rolex
chanel handbags outlet
louis vuitton handbags outlet
michael kors outlet
nike roshe
new york knicks
mont blanc pens
belstaff outlet
michael kors handbags
fitflop sale
calvin klein outlet
moncler jackets
mm1120