Monday, May 23, 2011

"Senior" Trips

Senior Trips..
My son will be leaving tomorrow for his very long awaited  senior high trip. He will be touring Austria, Germany and Switzerland.  My grandmother's parents were from Germany and we have contacted extended family that is still there. My biggest hope is that it works out that he is able to meet them. 
We have been preparing for quite awhile now, but he wanted to pack his own luggage. Let's hope he has everything!











Now on to the  "Senior Trip 2" , although we are far far from being seniors
 ( too old for high school...and too young for
AARP...LOL ).


Susie and I have made the bold decision to DRIVE to Washington state!   We talked about it Sunday and now we are leaving on Wed.  
  From previous blog post you know Susie will not fly.  Those turn out to be the best trips ....you know the ones where you just throw everything in the car and GO.

Not really sure which direction we are going, but I'm sure it will be a trip to remember..
Can't decide if we want to see the Grand Canyon or Yellow Stone...
One thing is for sure, we are going to pack a lot into this trip...including taking my ten year old niece Maddy!  





Of course we are going to see my dad.



For the last ten years he escapes the hot as hell humid Louisiana summers to enjoy the Pacific Northwest. 


My favorite thing to do...picking lavender

and taking in the views from the top of Hurricane Ridge..


No road trip is complete without a shopping trip.
 So we will head over to Spokane for a little shopping at the Farm Chicks show.



So where ever we go or where ever we end up...I am certain that I will have a few crazy stories to share...

 

7 comments:

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you guys are going to be here for the Farm Chicks show! And I will be off to Seattle for Bloggy Boot Camp! That is so not fair - I could have met you both!

Robin Beck said...

See y'all when you get here-I'll be running back and forth to Spokane. My parents live in Spokane and are moving and giving me lots of furniture so we will be running back and forth from Seattle to Spokane next week. Hopefully we can hook up either in Spokane or over by Port Angeles. Have a blast girls!

Anonymous said...

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go!!!!!! Don't forget your laptop..and the camera. I will bring the chips and kid and dog...ha!

Twice as Nice said...

Don't pack too much, leave room for the great stuff you two will find. I wonder if Maddy will have a problem with having a few extra things on her lap on the way home?!

Have a wonderful time and drive safely.

Tanya said...

Yeah for Washington, my Home State! We're only 2 hrs away from Spokane. If you guys are in Spokane for more than a day, you should go check out Riverfront Park. The rivers are High right now and just beautiful :) It's a fun area for shopping and whatnot. Enjoy your trip!!

Sue said...

Oh what an adventure, Missy! Have a wonderful time visiting your dad, as well as sight-seeing and shopping. How long will it take you to get there? When we drove to Cali from Ohio a few years ago, we took four days and didn't kill ourselves with long driving days. Have loads of FUN!
:-) Sue

Upland Window Shutters said...

Appreciate you blogging this