Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sweet Onion Hot Dip


Sweet Onion Hot Dip

I found this recipe in a small local magazine ...it looked so easy and inexpensive, I had to give it a try.


Sweet Onion Hot Dip

1   8oz Cream Cheese
1   cup mayonnaise   (In the south everyone uses Blue Plate)
1  cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 large sweet onion
Slap Ya Mamma


Preheat the oven to 350*.
Grate the onion.
Mix softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese together.
Fold in onion and a few dashes of Slap Ya Mamma.
Spread into a small baking dish 
( I used  an 8X9  Le Creuset baking dish)

Bake for 30-40 minutes, the top will get a
beautiful golden brown.
Serve with crackers or spread on small pieces of crusty bread.




If you do not have Slap Ya Mamma you could just add a few dashes of Tabasco. 
This oh so simple dish will make you the "Hit of the Party " this holiday season...





there are tons of great links with great ideas.

11 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

At first I thought...I can't make this, I don't have this Slap Ya Mama stuff!! Then you said tabasco sauce and I knew what you meant. How funny! This looks really good...I have made something similar without the onion...can't wait to try it! Thanks!

XO,
Janie

Laura said...

Oh my gosh!
What a recipe-
I make artichoke dip all of the time, but now I have something new to try.

Thanks!

Enjoyed visiting-
I am a new follower.

Laura
White Spray Paint

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Ok, Melissa, this is on my "must make" list for holiday entertaining! This sounds delicious! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!!

NanaDiana said...

Okay- I am saving this to use over the Holidays. Now if we could only get that seasoning. Thanks for the recipe! xo Diana

Unknown said...

Ohhh yum! I guess I'm going to have to try this one. Looks good! Missed you this weekend.

My Cottage Charm said...

Well that looks yummy!! :)
Glad you liked my mice...that's the ONLY kind to have! I think I might leave a few of them up for christmas...you know, "not a creature was stirring..." LOL
TTYL!!
Missy

Unknown said...

Sounds really good, can't wait to try it out. :) Thanks for sharing.

xoxo,
Clydia

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Melissa, this looks absolutely yummy! I'm so going to make this for our pre Thanksgiving feast appetizers. Thank you for the visit and the sweet comment @TheDedicatedHouse! It means the world! Hope you're having a grand day! Toodles, Kathryn

Charity said...

My hubby would love this, I will have to make it for him soon! It ill earn me brownie points for sure.

Cha Cha

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness...this looks delicious! Going to have to give it a try.

Robin Beck said...

It looks amazing! Perfect for the holiday season~Thanks for sharing.