Monday, November 28, 2011

We Have Some Catchin Up


Getting caught back up...

Goodness knows it is going to take me till Christmas to get back on track just from Thanksgiving.



This was my sons jack o lantern...
he only makes them so he can roast the seeds...
He loves the seeds. And I love it because he is now old enough to do this project himself and clean up the mess..

The woods is where I have been spending alot of my time...
 Many of you know we have a little second home in southwest Mississippi.
 As you can guess...no internet, but after two months of me driving back and forth waiting and waiting
...we have a land line phone!
AT&T is not worth a crap!!! 
 I will not ruin my pretty pictures of leaves with that story...



While sitting there...I wondered what ya'll were up to...
traveling, maybe cooking?
Did ya get the Christmas tree up yet?


Oh and I did a little dreaming...how I would love a new car...
But...
then I would have a car note...
I certainly don't want one of those!

Oh well....I can dream right?  
 If any of you have one of these Range Rover's can ya take me for a ride?   or better yet tell me that they really are not that great and I am not missing a thing !  LOL

BAM
BACK HOME and to reality, life and rot carry on!
YUCK..
Remember when I said my son is old enough to  pick up his mess?  Guess 18 is not old enough!
 He certainly did not clean up this part...
I am sure he walked passed it every morning on his way to his truck...
No, he is not in biology this semester,
can't use for the sake of science as an excuse!

Can I tell you rotten pumpkin smells almost as bad
 as rotten potatoes... poo wee!



He did put up the Christmas tree...
After closer inspection...the tree is not looking to well,
the tree has seen better years.
We all loaded in the car and went order a fresh flocked tree.... I can not remember the last time we had a real tree...



This tree will be retired back to the box...
Been missing ya'll
leave me a comment,
 let me know what you have been up to...

7 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi Melissa! This was a great post! LOL! Finally got Christmas squared away. Once I get the dining room finished, I can sit back and enjoy it all. I did my first Christmas post today, as a matter of fact! Stop by, if you get the chance! Have a great day!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Hey stranger! Glad to know my teens aren't the only ones in the blogosphere that can't clean up after themselves. :)
Working on decorating and crafting (around my day job, of course). Love this time of year!
Happy Monday!

Robin Beck said...

Looks like you had a nice time in Mississippi~ Beautiful pictures!
Lets see.. The kids have left the nest and my parents are moving so nobody came home for Thanksgiving-This was actually a nice break. We got alot done...New counters in my craft room, tree is up but not finished, light on the house outside, garland on the stairs, most gifts bought,etc etc. This weekend we start the wood floors in my craft room, which I am very excited about! Wish it was all done so I could get my craft supplies organized-They are EVERYWHERE! Enjoy that flocked tree~

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Glad you are back. It has been pretty here in Mississippi-notice I said has been-it is freezing rain here now with maybe a few snow flurries and sleet tonight!The tree is up but not yet completely decorated-maybe I will get it done by Christmas Eve! LOL!

Blondie's Journal said...

Welcome back, Melissa! Your pictures are just beautiful...well, except for the pumpkin way past it's freshness date! lol!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

XO,
Jane

Unknown said...

And I thought my pumpking was bad...ha! Thank you for sharing your old tree with Kay. She came home to pick up some of my old ornaments and set off to decorate. It looks great! Thank y'all for making her day...love yall~

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

Welcome back,, my Christmas tree and decorations are MIA this year,, not sure what happened or where they were put. Might be a live tree for us this year too.