Melissa's Southern Sugared Pecans
Don't you just love a recipe that only has a few simple ingredients and only takes a little effort?
You can mix up these Southern Sugared Pecans so fast that your family can enjoy them tonight while watching the
LSU Tigers WIN the BCS game.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
The combo of cinnamon and nutmeg always make my house smell so good.
Smells like I'd been baking all day.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg whites and water until frothy and in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt,cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
These taste just like the ones that you smell roasting at
Bass Pro or Cabelas.
Best part, there is not much kitchen clean up!
ENJOY THIS TASTY SOUTHERN SNACK!